I see skies of blue... clouds of white... Bright blessed days... dark sacred nights... And I think to myself...what a wonderful world. Here you'll find anecdotes of our family adventures and stories of our "babies", Liam and Mia. Welcome to our Wonderful Wildhaber World!
Friday, January 4, 2013
My First #FiveMinuteFriday
This is going to be crazy but here goes.
I'm in need of a reboot, a rebirth, a revelation.
I found Lisa-Jo Baker's blog and will follow her guidelines for a Five Minute Friday post. I'm nervous. This is not what readers of my little family blog are used to, that is, if anyone even reads it anymore. At last post, my sweet daughter was 5 weeks old, yeah...now she's 8.5 months...hmmm, sorry about that Readers. Anyway, I will try this Five Minute Friday gig each Friday for 52 days. I know, random, the reasoning for that is another post. Knock yourself out if you're interested: Jonacuff'sblog
Today's topic: OPPORTUNITY
GO
When I checked the topic just after 10pm last night I thought of Louis Armstrongs' song, What a Wonderful World. I thought of New Year's Resolutions. I think I'll combine them.
I see trees of green........ red roses too
I see them bloom..... for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world.
I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world.
I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
They'll learn much more.....than I'll never know
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world
There is opportunity is green trees, red roses, blue skies and oh my, is there opportunity in babies crying, and watching them grow. Watching them GROW. In that lies my "opportunity" this week. Liam has been rockin' the big boy underwear for six days. He'll be spending his first night in his big boy bed tonight. (Without his beloved "pah"s (pacifiers), I might add). Oh, the opportunity. What a wonderful world ahead of him. Not because he wears underwear like the rest of us and sleeps in a bed without bars and bumpers but actually, yes, because he wears underwear (super cute Lego Star Wars and Thomas undies) and yes because his bed is a sweet, blue car. He is conquering his world. He is finding out it is wonderful. I am inspired to savor his lasts, his firsts and be as optimistic about my future and my opportunities as he. I want to watch those green leaves flip and dance, smell the sweetness of a red, red rose, lie down to spot the white shapes surrounded by the blue sky. When my "babies" cry for me, I'll take it. When they grow, I will watch with bated breath. Breathe deeply the sweetness of my babies growing.
STOP
Well, I didn't get to the New Year's Resolution part but there you have it. My first post in more that seven months and my first #FiveMinuteFriday post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is one of my all time favorite songs, thank you! Being the mom of two grown boys I know that not only is your son entering a new world of opportunities, but you to as you learn every day to allow him to become a man every day a bit more than the previous. What a rewarding journey!
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you for the first time at FMF.
Mia
I love this post and this idea, Lesley. Exciting days for Liam AND for you and Derrick ahead. So thrilled to be on the journey with you too even if it is from far away. Love you!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea - the five minute friday post thing. I can actually hear you saying all of these words as I read them, and I love that. Its good to hear about Liam, and how you are taking every opportunity. Looking forward to reading the rest of these posts :-) Love you guys from Georgia!
ReplyDelete