Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Cherished

It's Friday again! Yahoo! Today's FiveMinuteFriday from lisajobaker.com is to be focused on the word "cherished".

GO
I have several special moments of my wedding day 6 1/2 years ago engraved in my memory that I will cherish forever.

My dad coming into the Bride's Room on my wedding day to hold my hand, give me love and send me off with his blessing. He was sensitive, strong and his special blessing spoken before I was given away is a treasure.

In our ceremony, our pastor had us hold hands and focus on the other. He spoke softly, "These are the hands that will hold you." "These are the hands that will wipe away tears." "These are the hands that will labor and work for you, for your home, for your family."

I remember walking past family and friends as we left our wedding. What a feeling of excitement. Our hearts were full of joy, love and anticipation. We got in Derrick's parents' special, fancy, red Civic... the "zoom, zoom" :). It was full of balloons, we drove away and were embarking on our lives together as a family. Fun filled the car.

STOP




No comments:

Post a Comment