Five Minute Friday Challenge from Lisa-Jo Baker: So, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
Today's Topic: Dive
GO
2nd wedding anniversary. July 2008. Crested Butte, CO. Whitewater rafting. Bravery. Dive.
That list above is pretty standard, especially if you grew up in beautiful Colorado as I did. I had been whitewater rafting before. It's a fun thrill. On this anniversary trip we took a dive. Our guide only asked the cool, brave, young ones to leave the safety of our raft and hike up a cliff overlooking the river. And we were supposed to jump. After all, this rock was appropriately named, Jump Rock. I was apprehensive for sure but it looked like a safe landing. I walk to the edge a couple times. Hubby is encouraging me. We're the cool ones, I have to do this. The guide counts......... ONE ......... TWO...THREE so quickly I don't totally think. I just jump. I think I screamed until I hit the water. Kinda wondering how deep I went, just pushing for the surface. I did it! I'm so cool! (except that I was so tense hitting the water I get an instant headache and a stiff neck for a couple days. Not so cool.) Then Hubby jumped too but I always knew he was cool. The extreme mountain unicycling kind of cool. It was a 12 foot cliff, no, 17, no 27 feet, maybe. Haha.<-- Help me out cool hubby of mine! I think one other youngin from our rafting group jumped - huh, maybe I'm not so cool. :( But I.did.take.the.dive (well, "jump", you're not allowed to dive.)
STOP

Love this. :) I've never had a chance to make a big, dramatic cliff jump/dive...I think I would but if I spent too long thinking about it would probably chicken out. Good for you! That definitely makes you cool. :) Blessings on your weekend!
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, you and Derrick are both cool (even without jumping off cliffs)! Love the reference to extreme mountain unicycling--Derrick truly is an amazing person you know. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHi Lesley, I'm dropping by your blog after you left a thoughtful comment on mine. (Five Minute Friday) My husband and I like to be adventurous too but have never experienced white water rafting. You dive into adventures and that makes you cool!
ReplyDeleteMore Grace, Donna
donnaharris.wordpress.com