Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ideas for Baby Girl's Nursery

We are having a girl...a pink, pink baby girl. I'm not a big fan of pink. I just think it's 100% girly girl and since I'm not the typical girl I guess that's why I have never had a huge love for the color pink. I do love purple, though. I guess the blue added to make purple helps me feel like it's only 80% girly girl. Our Baby Girl's room will have a lot of purple...a lot, a lot of purple actually. So will that much purple make it 100% girly girl? Uh, oh, we could be back to square one. Good thing Derrick hasn't painted yet.

Baby Girl's room is currently painted a medium brown from the bottom up to 5 feet and then a light tan to the ceiling. Oh, yes, and a very boyish sport balls border wraps around the room's middle. At first, we thought we'd paint a lilac above the brown. Now, we're going all purple, like I said previously, and plan to paint lilac walls from top to bottom. There is so much wood in her room that we'll still get a lot of brown. To add a little more brown and a lot more awesome, we ordered this decal of a huge brown tree with green leaves. It will grow over her crib so she can fall in love with the sound of the wind rustling its leaves at night. Well, not exactly, although I never googled "noise making wall decal." Derrick's best friends' sister, Jayme, gave us awesome white wicker furniture that we get to use in the baby room. So, how about a purple, brown and white nursery, Little One? You can have a splash of green in there, too. It will make it less girly girl. I think we're down to 75% now.

Now for the real pizazz, a plum colored accent wall that wraps under the huge window. Yes, I think so! And, BAM, two white trees contrasting that beautiful plum backdrop. I think it is a bit daring but fun and I'm sure it will turn out well. We also plan to add cute birds all around and maybe a bird house or bird cage or two. Maybe, just maybe, I'll make Baby Girl a bird mobile but we'll see. No promises, Baby. I found a darling, spunky one but it requires sewing. At least it doesn't require a sewing machine because I don't know how to use one of those fandangled machines. (Oh, my Aunt Linda, is probably so ashamed right now.) Anyway...birds...lots of cute birds.

It has been so fun to research ideas and make a couple purchases for our Baby Girl! We are getting more and more excited as we get ready. There is still a lot of ready to get but we're on our way. We'll post pictures of her real room once things are actually completed. Oh, and I'm searching for crib bedding. I don't like any of the bird themed ones so I'm thinking we'll go with a solid color. The search continues...yay!

Awesome mobile, huh? I might be able to make it (Spool shared the fabric bird template) but my sister might also be able to buy her niece one that's just as awesome. :) And the search continues for a bird mobile, too...yay!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! The white trees on a plum wall will be sweet! Can't wait to see the finished product. :-)

    ReplyDelete