Friday, January 6, 2012

Flashback Friday: Liam is ONE!


Our baby boy is venturing into toddlerhood! My oh my! What a difference a year makes. There was so much growth and so, so many milestones our little guy achieved. The time flew. Liam is such a joy. I sure do have the best job in the world. Liam is a fun one to stay home with everyday. He makes me laugh and I get so many bonus smiles and snuggles from my Bubba. The past year has been full of wonder. I can't believe how much we've been blessed by this life. The new experiences a baby brings are priceless. I adore my smiley, independent, energetic son! Happy 1st Birthday! May the toddling begin!

For Liam's Big One we had a birthday party at our house with family and friends. A lot of friends showed up to help celebrate our little fella. Throwing a first birthday party is a bit challenging for two main reasons. One, the baby doesn't really have friends he's been begging you to invite. Well, we are proud to say Liam has a BFF, Noah Gray, but Liam wasn't begging me invite him persay. :) Two, the parents don't really know what their kid loves so there is no easy choice for theme or special foods, etc. We assumed Liam likes lions because he responds with a mighty roar when he hears the word "lion". We did a safari animal theme with plenty of lions. He loved the big lion balloon. I made cupcakes for the occasion. We had decadent chocolate ones with chocolate frosting but the biggest hit were the pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting...mmm! Liam smashed his cupcake to pieces yet got some in his mouth and seemed to like it.

We said "no gifts necessary" for little Liam because we knew he would get plenty from family. Not everyone listened and I have to tell you about one of Liam's favorite. Liam opened this Mega Blocks semi-truck (from Jenn Miller and Chris Livsey) and then never put it down. You can see in the picture to the left that he didn't care about the card or the unopened box of clothes, just his truck. Throughout the next 30 minutes, Liam said "vroom" dozens of times a pushed his truck around on the floor. This is his first vehicle and I guess that's what he's going to be into. A little truck boy. Oh, and he did like the box of the water table Yiayia and Grandpa got for him. He doesn't know there is anything inside it but it has "friends" on the front that he kisses or he sits on their heads, either one.


Liam's birthday was such a wonderful celebration. I'm thrilled to have a one year old. I guess that means I better stop calling him Baby Liam. I know his Dada is very proud. We look forward to many more birthdays, trucks and cupcakes. (We took video at his party but I don't know how to get it off the video camera and post it here. Maybe Derrick can help with that this weekend and you can see our big one-year-old in action but maybe not..sorry, no promises. After all, "finish sharing Liam videos" is not on my Finish List.)

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww what a wonderful celebration for such a handsome little guy! He is so lucky to have such wonderful parents! :-)

    ReplyDelete