Monday, June 20, 2011

We Got the Giggles

Liam's friend, JJ, is an experienced swinger. He brought Liam to show him the ropes.
Liam scooted forward in the seat. I think
he wanted to stretch out and give you all
a good look at his chubs.
"Weeeeeee!"

Hello out there! I don't even want to add up the many months it has been since I posted something. AWESOME things have happened and we've done so much as a little family of three but I haven't recorded them. :( Sorry!! I want to go back in time and write up fun things from the past few months. Maybe that will happen. Anyway, I am blogging now so try to savor every word.

Look at Liam swinging! Oh, what life has to offer! He went swinging for the first time last week (June 15th) with his buddy JJ Plesko. JJ is quite the mover and shaker. He'll be a thrill-seeker for sure. It's only appropriate that he was the friend to show Liam how fantastic swinging is. Liam giggled and smiled as the first puff of air whooshed past him on his debut swing. He had a great time. Derrick and I took Liam on a little bike ride to swings near us last night (on Father's Day). I haven't uploaded those pictures yet, though. The summer is bringing the best of times!

The real reason I decided to write today was just for nostalgia reasons really, but you can't have a blog post without pictures so that's why I put some swing ones up. Anyway, this morning Liam and I had our first round of "The Giggles." I was feeding him after he woke up from his first nap. I don't really know why but I said "Peekaboo" to him and he smiled so big. I said it again and he laughed. Then I laughed. Then he laughed. Then I laughed. We were laughing like crazy together for no real reason. His whole face lit up. His eyes were laughing, too. Liam's laugh is adorable and contagious. I tried to take a freeze frame picture in my mind of that moment. It wasn't a laughing fit where you feel like you're going to puke (or does that just happen to me?). I think only Derrick can do that to me when he tickles me to the ground or says something ridiculous in some goofy voice. Or, you better watch out when my mom, sister and I get together. Usually Lauren says something off the wall and we burst out laughing until our stomachs hurt. I loved my giggle time with Liam! Just pure, natural happiness from my precious son. It's one of my favorite moments with my boy. I hope I remember it forever.

2 comments:

  1. Oh cute Lesley! This was a very sweet post. :) I'm glad you were able to find time to blog again! I love that middle picture of Liam in the swing with his chubber legs-oooh I just want to squeeze them! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby laughter is the best! I'm so glad that you savored the moment--sounds like it was a wonderful one--and you'll always have this post to read and remember again. Yay for posts like this! I love the photos of Liam--am I the only one who thinks he looks a lot like you did as a baby?!

    ReplyDelete