The office where I work has two men's bathrooms. Each bathroom has 2 stalls. I would estimate there are around 200 dudes in our building. With the advancement in technology in the way of smart phones, the average time spent in a stall during the day has risen dramatically (speaking with absolutely no references here, just a general perception).
Let's assume the average bathroom break takes 5 minutes - which seems much shorter than actuality... depending on the game, video, article, etc. a bathroom break might be in excess of 10 minutes... alas, I digress. Also, assume that each dude takes one to two doodoo breaks per day... so we'll estimate 1.5 for our calculation.
200 dudes X 1.5 doodoo trips X 5 minutes each = 1500 dude doodoo minutes
Divide that by 4 stalls = 375 dude doodoo minutes/stall, or 6.25 hours of occupation per day per stall!
Besides being absolutely disgusting to consider using one of these stalls (I won't go into some of the horror shows I've seen...), there are also the logistics to consider. I cannot tell you how many times I've walked on down to the ol' men's room on our floor to find that all two stalls are occupied. So, I'll venture downstairs and discover that, yup, both occupied as well. Something to do with the timing after breakfast and lunch I think... After all, there should be almost 2 hours of unoccupied time in an 8 hour work day. Unless, of course, one or two stalls is down for repair - GOD FORBID!
Nothing makes me want to go to the bathroom less than knowing I'm probably the 40th or 50th dude to use that stall for the day... I think I'll drive home to go to the restroom now...
No comments:
Post a Comment