Well, with the expectation of our first child, a son, it's high-time that we get with the program. Perhaps if my wife and I join forces we'll be able to maintain a semi-respectable blog. Here's to hoping anyway... As I write this first entry (yes... from work...) my wife is at home scurrying to prepare our home for our long awaited - long term - guest. She has no idea that I am forcing her into blogging, but with her creativity and natural nostalgic inclination it's a wonder she hasn't had a blog for years now.
That's about it for this first entry. Just an introduction, but one piece is missing. One critical component of any good blog, as far as my attention span goes, is a nice picture. Since this post doesn't really speak to any sort of picture, I submit a brief anecdote.
Llamas are something that consistently come up in conversation between us and our best friends. Not sure why we like them so much, I think it may have spawned from our shared enjoyment of the movie The Emporer's New Groove. I really don't even know much about llamas, other than they are rude. How do I know this? On my ride to and from work there is a small plot of land with a single llama. The llama is ALWAYS sitting in the same place with its nose tilted up slightly as if to say, "What? I am a llama. Look at me."
Every day as I pass by, I loudly say, "GOOD MORNING, LLAMA!" or "GOOD AFTERNOON, LLAMA!" Never, not once, has this llama ever even flinched so as to acknowledge my exclamation. I'm not looking for a full on stare or humble bow, just a quick glance, or even a flutter of the ears. I'll give the llama the benefit of the doubt, in my ignorance, and assume that llamas must be very hard of hearing and nearly blind.
Your first post makes me smile! I'm excited to follow your blog and read about the life experiences and anecdotes you choose to post here. Lots of love to all three of you.
ReplyDelete